Friday, December 12, 2008

December 13, by Cynthia Gaskin

SCRIPTURE
Psalm 21: 1
I lift up my eyes to the hills –
From where will my help come?
My help comes from the Lord,
Who made heaven and earth.

Just divorced, sitting in my one- bedroom house, I looked at the belongings of my three people and wondered why life had reduced us to this. Then I said a prayer.

As time passed, I found a wonderful community of friends who encouraged me to pray harder and to trust in the Lord and also in them, the people who wanted to surround and love us....the people whom the Lord had created.

Today I and my children no longer share a single room, yet we are bound by the same love and commitment. My children have become strong and brave. Cynthia has a wonderful loft apartment which is her sanctuary, Joe lives in a house with his bike friends, and Ari attends college in Atlanta. Thinking back to living in one bedroom with my children and contrasting those times with the present, I realize that the Lord is real and true.


Cynthia Baker Gaskin is a Assistant in a ad agency by morning and Social Director by afternoon. She loves to read, go to the mountains, sit by the fire with her community folk and is seen in 5 points all the time. She is the mother of Joey, 23, Ari, 20 who grew up in our church and knows their strength is directly connected to them attending Logos and youth group as they grew up!!

No comments: